Friday, March 20, 2009

mmm...smell the banana goodness

I am not a baker. I do not have a ton of patience for measuring. I love muffins though and wanted a version that was not as big as my head--like store bought. I am also dabbling a little bit into the vegan world with this one. I took several vegan muffin recipes and tweaked them until I came up with this version. Not too sweet, lots of whole grain and tons of banana taste.

I am serving these with some fresh fruit and my favorite vegan topping--Suzanne's Ricemellow creme. Man this stuff is delish! Tastes just like marshmallow fluff but it is made with brown rice syrup.

Vegan Banana Muffins
Ingredients
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup brown sugar (could definitely use organic cane juice sugar)
3 TBPS applesauce
1/2 cup water
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon (liberal)
2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 very ripe bananas


  1. Fork mash the bananas and set aside. Photobucket
  2. Put all other ingredients in mixing bowl and mix by hand or hand mixer until blended. Batter will be thick. Photobucket
  3. Carefully fold in bananas to retain pieces in the muffin. The batter will be lumpy.
  4. Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with vegetable cooking spray. Evenly distribute batter--I use an icecream scoop to make sure all are the same size.
  5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Edges should have some golden brown to them and a toothpick should come out pretty clean.
Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Photobucket

1 comment:

 
Web Statistics